Thorvin for Plants Foliar Kelp, 10oz
- Feed your plants with Thorvin, the trusted name in Icelandic kelp
- Easy to apply to plants indoors and out. Apply a fine mist on plants in early morning or evening
- Thorvin soluble kelp powder is an economical alternative to liquid kelp
- Naturally high in Potassium, with guaranteed NPK analysis of 1-0-18. Certified organic, OMRI listed
- Add ¼ teaspoon of soluble kelp powder (SKP) to 1 gallon of water. Each 10oz bag makes 240 gallons
- Shipping is included in the price for all products!
A high‐performing dehydrated seaweed extract, Thorvin for Plants Foliar is an exceptional nutrient source for plant growth and vigor. It is cost-effective and easy to apply via foliar spray, fertigation or transplant dips. Thorvin for Plants Foliar is excellent for vegetables, fruits, lawns, bedding plants, ornamental plants (both indoors and out) and pastures as a complex trace mineral and phytonutrient profile for living soils and healthy plants. Derived from nutrient-rich Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed, simply dilute with water and spray on plants, run through irrigation, or use as a transplant dip.
For outdoor gardens, lawns or crops, apply 10 oz. to 1 lb. per acre. Dissolve 10 ounces Thorvin for Plants Foliar in 1 gallon of water. Dilute further to cover 1 acre. Smaller applications mix ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water (covers up to 300 square feet).
Mist all leaf surfaces every 2 weeks for a regular feeding program. Spray in early morning or evening when no rain is expected. Thorvin for Plants Foliar may also be watered in. For commercial applications, apply three times per year.
Questions? Contact us today!
For a customized analysis of the nutrients and fertilizer needs for your soil, test your soil and grow with confidence.
Available in a 10oz foil bag.
What is Thorvin?
Thorvin offers a range of high quality solutions derived from sea vegetation. Thorvin offers the most nutrient-rich kelp ingredients on the market. We harvest from the cleanest kelp beds on Earth, and then dry and store fresh harvests using exclusive methods that “lock in” a potent array of bioavailable minerals, vitamins, and beneficial phytonutrients.
Why spray Thorvin for Plants Foliar on plants?
A high-quality dehydrated seaweed extract, Thorvin for Plants Foliar is an exceptional nutrient source for plant growth and vigor, containing nutrients essential for plant growth and development, including natural nitrogen in a non-burning form. Thorvin for Plants Foliar is safe; non-toxic and non-polluting when used as directed and can be applied anytime indoors or out.
- All Purpose – Water Soluble
- Professional Strength Kelp Extract
- Use Anytime on Any Plant
- Approved for Organic Growing
How does Thorvin for Plants Foliar work?
Derived from nutrient-rich Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed, simply dilute with water and spray on plants, run through irrigation, or use as a transplant dip. Thorvin for Plants Foliar contains potash which protects plants from cold and prevents excessive loss of water during dry weather.
Total Nitrogen (N)
1% Water Soluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)
Soluble Potash (K2O)
What are the application rates for Thorvin for Plants Foliar?
Reconstitute Thorvin for Plants Foliar by dissolving ten ounces into one gallon of water. Mix well, and then dilute further with enough water to cover one acre, dependent on equipment employed and application. See table below for specific applications.
For small applications, mix ¼ teaspoon with 1 gallon of water, which covers 250 to 300 square feet. Mist all leaf surfaces every 2 weeks for a regular feeding program. Spray in early morning or evening when no rain is expected. Thorvin for Plants Foliar may also be watered in.
Rates / Frequency
Vegetables, fruits, brambles, small grains, root crops, feed crops, trees – nut, fruit, ornamental
Mist all leaf surfaces every 2 weeks. Apply during leaf stage 4-6, repeat in 10-14 days
Gardens, shrubs, flowers
Mist all leaf surfaces every 2 weeks
¼ tsp/gal for 250-300 sq. ft.; 10 oz/gal for 1 acre
Apply to young re-growth 7-14 days after mowing
Apply to pastures before animals are pastured and again at monthly intervals, or more often if stress symptoms appear.
For Intensively Managed Pasture
Apply ½ gal. per acre after animals are moved. If rotation is less than 2 weeks, apply every other time animals are moved.
Transplanting & rooting solution
⅓ tsp/gal – Place cuttings in solution until roots develop, then plant. Dip transplants in a solution and plant. Water with solution.
⅓ tsp/gal – Lightly mist seeds before planting or soak the seeds, or bulbs, for 5-10 seconds.
What are the benefits of kelp for plants?
- Boosts the efficiency of any soil or potting mix to get the most from a limited space
- Great for crops like lettuce and potatoes that demand very high levels of potassium
- One of the most effective ways to increase the size and storage life of a crop
- Enhances root mass, making it ideal for all plants
- Natural and organic, making it right for any chemical-free growing environment
What are some tips for foliar feeding?
Foliar feeding works well with all types of sprayers, including hand trigger sprayer, garden or backpack sprayer, power pack boom or mist blower. Fine mist particles are most effective. Foliar nutrient spraying is simple and effective. These tips are not “musts” but may be of help:
- Add a good clean surfactant or soap to make the water solution wetter and improve leaf absorption.
- Mix concentrate with enough water to spray evenly over entire leaf surface, including undersides if possible.
- Neutralized water, pH 6.5 to 7.5, increases effectiveness. Vinegar, for alkaline water or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), for acid water, can be used in small quantities to neutralize.
- Spray in the early morning after the dew is off the plants and plant metabolism is high. Late evening is also a good time to spray.
- Spray when soil is dry.
- Our research indicates that a high soil phosphate level increases the effectiveness of foliar growth promoters such as liquid kelp.